How Local SEO Works
Google My Business (GMB) is a free business listing on Google. This profile can be seen in the Knowledge Panel, Local Pack and on Google Maps.
What does a GMB profile include?
- Business information. The GMB profile will list your business information including your name, address, phone, hours, and a description. On mobile devices, users can see a list of your services and products and your service areas.
- Reviews. Users can leave reviews for your business. In some cases, Google will also pull in reviews from the web like Facebook or HomeAdvisor.
- Messaging. On some mobile devices, users can live chat with your business and you can respond through the GMB app.
- Photos. Users can post photos of your business. Business owners can also post photos, including their logo and a cover picture.
- Posts. Similar to social media posts, you can create posts that display on your GMB profile to advertise your business.
- Social media links. In some cases, Google will link your social media accounts such as Facebook.
- Questions and answers. Users can ask questions about your business, for example: “Do you have a money back guarantee?” Users can answer them publicly. Business owners can also ask and answer questions. This can be used as a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.
- Special features. Some businesses qualify for additional features such as appointment booking, ordering online, hotel booking etc.
Track your performance
Google provides statistics so you can track your performance. These include direction requests, website visits and calls. Performance can be viewed in the GMB app or on the GMB website.